"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." -John Quincy Adams
Leadership Gifts are instrumental in providing the resources necessary to make the difference between programs of average quality and those that are truly outstanding. This select group of donors will help us to ensure the future of Marklund.
The Leadership Giving Circle was created to: recognize exceptional gifts; engage new leadership; and strengthen relationships and partnerships with our donors.
By making a Leadership Gift, we hope you will inspire others to follow your example, and dedication to the clients we serve.
What is a Leadership Gift? A gift of $1,000 or more to one or more of the following areas:
- A Gift to the Marklund Fund: Marklund Fund dollars allow Marklund to meet the organization's most current and/or urgent needs: i.e., a broken lift or wheelchair, making sure our vans are safe and in great working condition, an air conditioner that needs to be replaced in a home; current needs change everyday and having the financial gifts to
make sure these things don't impact our client care makes all the difference!
- A Gift to the Marklund Endowment Fund: The Marklund Endowment Fund exists to make sure that we can carry out our mission of enriching the lives of those with special healthcare needs now and forever. The interest income generated by the Marklund Endowment Fund will be spent to perpetuate our mission, honoring the unique purpose of each individual we serve, and will serve in the future. We invite you to give a gift that will go beyond your lifetime: a donation to Marklund's Endowment Fund. This fund enables our donors to combine their gifts into a significant force to fund Marklund clients for generations to come.
- Corporate and Foundation Giving: We at Marklund strive to collaborate with philanthropic partners to create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. We believe that by building robust relationships with corporations and foundations, partnerships are formed that provide benefits for both, including opportunities for collaboration, volunteerism, creating a stronger communities, and coming up with innovative solutions to make our programs even better! To learn more about Marklund's Corporate Partner Program, click here.
- Gifts with Naming Opportunities: Some gifts don't last a lifetime. They last several lifetimes. A variety of endowed and capital naming opportunities exist at Marklund.
Some of these are:
• Residential Homes at the Marklund Mill Creek Campus in Geneva, IL
• Developmental Training and Vocational Classrooms
• Educational Classroom
• Life Skills Academy, serving teens identified on the Autism Spectrum
• Potential Future Capital Projects and/or Expansions
- Marklund Always: Do you always have Marklund on your mind? Our staff of professionals can help you with everything from simple bequests in your will, to gifts of retirement-plan assets, real estate, appreciated securities, charitable remainder trusts and gift annuities. With the right team, you can determine the best way to help take care of yourself and your loved ones, and achieve your philanthropic goals. Whether your gift is great or small, through gift planning, your thoughtfulness, generosity, and commitment might take a form far more meaningful than you ever thought possible, and will create your legacy here at Marklund for now and always.
Our Promise of Stewardship. Your gifts matter. You matter. That's why Marklund takes Stewardship very seriously.
Here us our promise to you:
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a timely and personal manner.
- A restricted gift will only be used for that purpose.
- Whenever feasible, and especially with gifts the Marklund Endowment Fund, annual updates will be shared with the donor.
- Proper recognition will always be given to the donor; and recognition of a public nature will always first be approved by the donor.
- The value of any "substantial" benefits resulting from a gift will be reported to the donor.
- Gifts will be accounted for using generally accepted accounting principles, which will provide a consistent, timely, and accurate reporting of all gifts into Marklund's official financial record.