Marklund’s vision of “Making Everyday Life Possible for Individuals with Profound Disabilities” is demonstrated through every service we offer. Each of Marklund’s programs and services are designed to provide individuals with special healthcare needs a full life experience.
– Compassionate daily care from committed and educated staff. All direct care employees are dual-certified as Certified Nursing Assistants and Designated Support Persons.
– Quality medical and dental care provided by outstanding professionals. Each residential site has a medical director. Marklund’s dentist has been working with our clients for more than 20 years, and its hygienist has served the organization for more than 40 years.
– Home-like residential facilities in both Bloomingdale and Geneva are focused on providing exceptional care.
– State-of-the-art rehabilitative therapies including computer assistive devices, aquatic therapy, snoezelen therapy rooms, physical therapy equipment, occupational therapy, and more.
– Quality and cutting-edge education and pre-vocation services. Educational and Developmental Training programming includes activities of daily living, communication development, physical & occupational therapy, speech & language therapy, music therapy, snoezelen therapy, recreational therapy with adapted sports leagues, leisure activities, aromatherapy, aquatic therapy in our on-side pool, and more. We also offer a wide range of daily community outings for client participation.
– Community-based program, REST (Respite Education and Support Tools), shows that Marklund is dedicated to meeting the needs of families who are caring for their loved ones at home.
– Educational services provided through the Marklund Day School at its Bloomingdale location provides very specialized curriculum and therapies to students ages 3-22 who have highly complex medical needs, developmental disabilities and who are diagnosed on the autism spectrum. All students have a right to an education and Marklund provides that as part of its mission to enrich the lives of those with special healthcare needs.
To learn more about Marklund’s programs and services, contact Brittany Sullivan, Social Services Program Manager, at 630-593-5500.